How to Build a Sales Funnel
Before we give you suggestions on how to build a sales funnel, the first thing that you need to know is the meaning of the term – sales funnel. Also known as revenue funnel, referring to the process of which the company influences the customers to buy their products or use their services. From Facebook ads to SEO content, everything is done for the sake of a sales funnel.
There are several steps that combine together into a sales funnel for the specific small business or large scale business.
1. The first and the most important thing to do is make the target audience aware what you have to offer. This can be done with a Landing page. It doesn’t matter if you have SEO strategies or web development strategies, all that matters is that you have a landing page for your target audience because that’s what first introduces your company to them.
2. Make it interesting. Offer a solution to a big problem: The entire sales funnel has to start with you capturing the attention of your audience through offering some sort of solution to a problem. Think of it like you getting them "un-stuck" from whatever is holding them back from advancing. If you can show them how to get "un-stuck" on your first try, on the landing page, you can then refer them to the rest of the information about what you have to offer.
3. They have a decision to make; deal or no deal. Provide the captured audience member or "lead" with a front-end offer. A front end offer is tempting and helps make the decision to take action easier to make. Wouldn’t you feel great if you got a discount on your very first purchase of something you’ve always wanted to own or enjoy?
4. Last but certainly not least, Action! The object of the funnel is create action for your business. Of course we love when someone decides to act on an interest in the form of a purchase. However offering more than one choice of action can be equally important such as simply offering a connection or way to share with others what they learned.
Giving the target audience a way to spread knowledge of you is key to lead generation. If your funnel can generate its own leads it becomes efficient. Using your sales funnel and generating a one time purchase is a success no matter how small. But to get the best use of your funnel you will want it to work for you all the time in a reciprocating way.
A sales funnel can create loyal customers. Every great business is considered great because they have customer loyalty. Building and maintaining loyal customers is as important as the sales funnel itself.
Earning customer loyalty can be done a few different, but effective ways:
- Provide the buyer with another offer to earn his loyalty: If you want to create loyalty you need keep the customers attracted after their first decision. Offering options for a higher quality product or service such as memberships will generate recurring revenue and attention. Not every buyer will opt for the more expensive better version, but your top customers may be willing to pay more or regularly for the full edition or upgraded option.
- Keep cheaper options available for those who can’t afford spending more on your product or service: There are hundreds of brands just like yours and probably some of the companies offer cheaper products or cheaper services; if you don’t want to lose your track in the race, you have to keep cheaper options open for your target audience or leads. Knowing that your offer is affordable is satisfying and satisfied customers are loyal customers
Focus on maintaining the interest of your existing customers, along with gaining the attention of the new ones. No doubt getting new customers through web development, changing the web design, Facebook ads or SEO is quite important, maintaining the interest of the already existing customers is equally important when building a sales funnel. Since your existing customers know the quality of your product, it is easier for you to keep them attracted to your brand or product. Find a way to stay in constant contact with them, via email, monthly phone call, or adding them to a special Facebook group.
Get creative on ways to keep your clients coming back for more