Common Brand Design Mistakes
Your Brand is everything. It's your promise, it's the face of your company, it should communicate specifics to your customers and create a reputation for any large to small business in the market. A brand name is a specific name assigned to a particular product or service of the manufacturer or the provider. A brand name is more like a trademark for the product or service.
Almost every business wishes to be a brand someday – a business that’s recognized by maximum people around the globe. Even a small business thinks of getting into website design or web development to create its brand and image in the market.
However, while designing a brand, most of the companies make common mistakes, which are mentioned below:
• Using the wrong or unreadable font: Most of the brand designers do this – use the wrong or unreadable font. Unless your font makes sense, it can’t be recognized by people and, hence, is nothing more than a failed brand in the market. Just like you request the designers to keep the font simple for website design, you have to tell them the same thing while designing your brand.
• Using a lot of images to depict the product or service: Just because you have a license of ten different images doesn’t mean you need to use all of them; let your brand designer know that you need only one or maximum two images for your brand.
• Creating no design out of the brand name: Some of the brand designers make absolutely no design at all; you can’t write the name of the company in a simple way and then expect it to gain all the reputation and fame that it deserves! Just like you need high quality content to generate SEO, you need a good design to popularize your brand name.
• Making it complicated for people to read or understand: People find it difficult to read some of the brand names that they come across; don’t let people make fun of what you create for your small business. Keep the brand design simple and understandable.
• Choosing the wrong colors for fonts: If you choose bright or loud colors for your brand name, no one’s going to read it without sunglasses. Jokes apart, choosing subtle colors for your brand allows you to get maximum views for the same.
• Using too many fonts at a time: Never use a lot of fonts for your brand; choose only one, or maximum two, to get that perfect brand design of your dreams.